Performs assigned routine inspections of materials, work in-process, and finshed goods to ensure conformance with applicable quality standards and customer specifications.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Reads and interprets customer specifications, SOP’s, Work Instructions
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Performs first article inspection for release of product to production.
- Performs assigned quality control tests on materials, work in process, and finished goods.
- Evaluates quality issues and initiates corrective action as applicable.
- Maintain appropriate records detailing product defect criteria, scrap ratios.
- Performs Quality Analysis throughout the manufacturing process.
- May be required to perform audits throughout manufacturing facility.
- Educate and instruct employees in product quality criteria.
- Function as information source for critical quality issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to use laboratory instruments, and other quality measuring devices/tools.
- Ability to assess quality issues and make competent decisions with supervision.
- Knowledge and operation of quality testing equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills and windows navigation
- High School diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years quality control experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of food processing/packaging and/or flexible packaging a plus.
- Experience with ISO Standards preferred.
- Regularly lift, bend, reach, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The job involves prolong periods of standing.
- The job involves extensive amount of walking throughout the manufacturing facility
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.