Monday - Thursday Days, 5:30am - 4:oopm
Insures that the product made is to the proper specifications and packages according to the customers’ requirements. This position is responsible for following standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible per the documented procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Fills cartons/display cartons appropriately. Ensures that products are packaged in boxes with appropriate corresponding labels; places proper quantities of product in each carton/tray; properly packs bags; tapes and seals cartons.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to count up to 250 well precessing products.
- Prepares cardboard cartons for product packing by supplying the packing station, folding, taping, and labeling cartons, and placing cartons on the work table.
- Stacks correct number of cartons appropriately on skids using correct stacking pattern.
- Moving materials, supplies and products by hand truck and/or two wheeled dolly.
- Read and interpret work orders and/or machine diagrams.
- Maintain workcenter production quotas.
- Understands and applies quality product standards.
- Baseline knowledge of product scrap/defect issues.
- Maintaining equipment and work area in clean and safe condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Fully understand specifications, manufacturing processes and procedures
- Exercise independent judgment when inspecting parts acceptability for further operations
- Demonstrate a positive attitude that encourages teamwork and support of other employees
- Proficient in basic math skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High School diploma/GED a plus.
- Knowledge of food processing/packaging and/or flexible packaging a plus.
- Experience with ISO Standards preferred.
- Regularly lift, bend, reach, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The job involves prolong periods of standing.
- Highly repetitive work, usually in a fixed body position for a sustained period of time.
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- Some stations may require the use of safety glasses, lab coats and other PPE.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.