Plan and direct initiatives for the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials, and products in relation to Flexible Film Conversion / Flexible Packaging / Food Packaging / Food Production. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical.
The QA Manager is designated to provide absenteeism coverage on an interim basis in the absence of the Quality Assurance Engineer.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment, testing, measurement, and analytical evaluations. Knowledge of GD&T highly preferred.
- Continuous Improvement Project Lead by developing DOE’s for product or process validations.
- Formulate testing procedures for quality checking – DOE’s for product validations.
- Develop new Internal Quality Drawings / Specifications and Documents through CAD and other software
- Collect data from various related sources to evaluate quality, statistical process control data analysis
- Formulate guidelines and develop new regulations to improve quality of work.
- Suggest ways and means to improve quality of existing working procedures.
- Establish programs to improve quality of existing working procedures as applicable to both flexible film conversion and food manufacturing.
- Train employees and update their knowledge with regard to latest developments in the field by attending seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Evaluate complaints by customers and implement ways to solve problem, as Continuous Improvement Team member.
- Provides support to all areas for implementation of safety, sanitation, and health programs, processes and procedures.
- Partners with other departments to define, implement, and maintain appropriate food safety.
- Functions as a point of contact for various regulatory officials and agencies. Maintains positive working relationships.
- Provide backup for QA Manager for scheduling and payroll activities with the department QA and Sanitation Teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of ASTM Testing and / or FDA standards, codes and regulations
- Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheet, windows navigation and AutoCAD
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory requirements to company operations
- Ability to interpret Cad drawings, customer specifications / drawings
- Demonstrate a positive attitude that encourages teamwork and support of other employees
- Ability to work in a challenging, high-stress environment
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines on multiple projects with conflicting resource demands
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Models Maco safety policy and behaviors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quality Management or related field.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in quality engineering, flexible film conversion, food packaging or food safety / food quality.
- Experience with ISO Standards required.
- Regularly lift, bend, reach, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The job involves extensive amount of walking throughout the manufacturing facility
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- Ability to work with various cleaning/sanitizing equipment
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate standard office equipment (including computer, telephone, copier, and fax machine) and requires long periods of sitting behind a desk, performing tasks on computer.