This is a Monday - Thursday, 4:00pm - 2:30am position
Operation of automated, or semi-automated machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. This position is responsible for following standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible per the documented procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Operator will separate pouches from material belt, count, stack and package according to customer specifications.
- Operator will inspect pouches for acceptable tolerance and cosmetic defect according to customer specifications.
- Read and interpret work orders and/or machine diagrams.
- Maintain workcenter production quotas.
- Understands and applies quality product standards.
- Baseline knowledge of product scrap/defect issues.
- Keeps accurate counts, package and label product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Type or Copy/Paste Requirements here
Qualifications and Competencies:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Fully understand specifications, manufacturing processes and procedures
- Exercise independent judgment when inspecting parts acceptability for further operations
- Demonstrate a positive attitude that encourages teamwork and support of other employees
- Proficient in basic math skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High School diploma/GED.
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a machine operator in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of food processing/packaging and/or flexible packaging a plus.
- Experience with ISO Standards preferred.
- Regularly lift, bend, reach, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The job involves prolong periods of standing.
- Highly repetitive work, usually in a fixed body position for a sustained period of time.
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- Use of Occumits required.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.